IT IS TIME!

 

At LAST…………. To day I woke to reminisce the 3 years and 5 months that I spent in Moi University and what I can't avoid is the nostalgia that comes with it. These are the years that shaped a better person out of me. It has made me who i am and my story grew richer between this times. I remember the reporting date where I first met a gentleman who would later be my roommate for the entire period, ‪#‎Chemiat‬ Emmanuel, who since that day we became brothers. We went through thick and thin to finally made milestones in life. I can't imagine how out there will be for you if not greatness. My 1st year roommates and fellow Changerians, ‪#‎Reinhard‬ Kijedi and ‪#‎Meltus‬ Amara not forgetting ‪#‎Timo‬ Kufeel, big up men. We baked pancakes for sale and that squeezed something down our throats. I miss those days you would forcefully eject Chemiat and i to go for MUKAS meetings and bring the loaves of bread. You taught us to be punctual and better debaters, that has since trailed us to this height. #Timo Kufeel, #Chemiat and I would later get curious and joined AIESEC. This was a pivotal point in our lives that would see us transform and conform to being impactful and change makers. ‪#‎Duncan‬ Nyakaya, ‪#‎Ndombi‬, ‪#‎Kitagwa‬, ‪#‎Peris‬, ‪#‎Kemboi‬, ‪#‎Tabbiness‬ ensured that we were well initiated into AIESEC. This is where I met ‪#‎Areba‬ Omwoyo, ‪#‎Cosy‬ Grace, ‪#‎Kate‬ Njenga, ‪#‎Sophy‬ Shiznit, ‪#‎B‬.O.B, ‪#‎Kyalo‬ ‪#‎Salome‬, ‪#‎Selina‬ Rua ‪#‎William‬ ‪#‎Warren‬, ‪#‎Kush‬, ‪#‎Simon‬ ‪#‎Gathoni‬, ‪#‎Marion‬ and many others that saw me grow to become a better person. I have no words to describe the role you guys played in my life. I am glad I met you and I know we will still live it better before our time on earth is over. It's through AIESEC that I made friends from different parts of the world notably ‪#‎Daniel‬ Sutton Mellow from Brazil, ‪#‎Mira‬ Helmiina from Finland and ‪#‎Thanasis‬ Yannakopulous from Greece. You changed my perspective on global issues and made me appreciate my land Kenya more, simply because you described it as "a beautiful land with beautiful people and great potential." My course mates and great friends, the LMC family, I know not where to start or end. You guys came into my life and opened my eyes to the world of opportunity. We stood by each other in laughter and in sorrow. You strongly owned ‪#‎TheDream‬ and delivered the MUSO Presidency into our hands. We fought together for our rights and risked getting sups. We savored the night at Mlolongo and our blood shared by the mosquitos in Mtito Andei. We had fun at the Coast and made it real. I salute you guys. This world will always be a better place with amazing people that you are. God bless you as you take a step to face the harsh world out there. The Lions, #Maryann the caring, #Jerry the tough one, #Mokaya the diplomat, #Jacinta the sweet one #Jacky the lovely bully and #Chemiat the cheeky smart one. This was, is and will forever be an amazing family that is always there for each other. I love the zeal and zest we hoard, the spirit of hard work and the focus we have. It was never boring being with you. I loved the presentations, the thirst for perfection that kept us strong, the confrontations and unending arguments that bore success... I will miss these moments. Let's do this again with the slightest opportunity we may get. To my friends who shaped my charisma and blew the bubble of leadership in me, the shapers of #TheDream; #Mwamburi, #Nyamweya, #Jally, #Nyamori, #Gertrude, #Dikembe (whose criticisms earned me lots of support), #Okeri, #Kyalo, #Busienei (Bush), #Munai, #Sammy Rotich and many other great men and women who came before me and showed me the path. Your wise counsel was invaluable to my service and no other than you would have done it better. In a special way, thank you #Kiprono Brian, #Macharia, and the late #Kobilo for your guidance at a time I need it most. Through your insight, #TheDream was delivered. I will be fairly judged and proven guilty if I would forget to mention #Michael Bahati, #Ephraim Kibui, #Mickey Brings, #Brian Kiptoo, #Bonny Bongoi, #Sharon Kirui, #Chemutai, #Purity Museo, #Okayo Onyango, my Cousin #Chepkoech, #Mecha, #Mokaya, #Jerry, #Serser, #Purity Mondet, #Dan Koech, #Sato, #sigey, #Oyonge, #Munai, #Singoey, #Nickson, #Korir, #Busienei #Lobby, # Serem, #Ken, #Nathan, #Kosgey Bwaley, #Massety and all the people who actively participated in my campaigns for MUSO Chairmanship. I lacked nothing at that time and your spirit steered us all to victory. I may not have enough to thank you but God has every blessing for you. Let’s do it someday. There are men and women who walked the political path with me since I stepped into Moi till date. I salute #Jeff Kenyatta, #Nicksmajor Wachira, #Gitungo Wamere, #Oscar Maina, #David Sikuri, #Mugambi Aruyaru, #Kisangau, #Mboya the Poet, #Arthur Watenda, #George Ombongo, ,and the long list of Moi’s top political brass. We fought, we disagreed, we competed, we won, we lost, we laughed, we cried, we anticipated, we achieved. We made it! The future waits to reward you handsomely. I know we will do it again…..someday…not long from now. To all my colleagues whom we served in 27th SGC, #Sum, #Kinaga, #Munga, #Mwanza, Ayoo, # Pacie, #Conso, #Akadima, Osundwa, # Mandela, #Mohamed Doyo, #Aggieand Baraza, you guys are amazing. We served and did the much we could to make an impact. Your contribution in building Moi and MUSO will never go unrewarded. You are baked for a better tomorrow. Go ye and change the world. #Economist Bush my chief competitor and a great friend, you jolted my intelligence and jogged my wits. You know not the great contribution you made in my life. All these are well recorded in my heart and never shall I be oblivious of every single lesson I learnt from our encounter. What you are going through is a passing wind. All will be well. Lastly, I will not forget to pass my heartfelt gratitude to men and women that we jointly shook the National Student Politics together and made it vibrant. #Lone Felix,# Babu Owino, #Kimutai Kemboi, #Eddah Wambui, #Charles Juma, #Mama Yao, #Moses Njeri, #Bill Clinton, #Steve Biko, #Ngugi Thiong’o, #Ephraim Wainaina, #Daphine Kerubo, #Elizeba Jepleting, #Brin Makanga, #Ezekiel Lelei, #Joshua Azere, # Sam Okello, #Dennis Nakibuse and the long list of great Kenya Universities’ Student leaders. You made it happen, let’s make it happen again. My family, my friends and mentors whose role was amazing in shaping me, May God bless you. As I pen off, I assure you that the greatness that God has designed for us is more than we can imagine. There is abundance awaiting and its our duty to go claim our share. God bless all

Comments